Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Search For Meaning

We are all on a quest in life to find the meaning of things. Why are we here, why do bad things happen, what is my purpose...? This is something I have been struggling with for some time. Someone recommended the book "Man's Search For Meaning" and as difficult as it is to read, I have found it very inspiring. The three most important things in life are to love and be loved, finding purpose through work whatever that may be, and struggle. With this combination we are given the best of life and can appreciate and find purpose.

Olivia has provided all of these to me whether or not at times I can see it. She is my unconditional love, both given and returned. Her smile alone has all the love in the world. Just one look and I know she loves and feels loved. As difficult as it is sometimes to care for her physically and mentally, I have purpose in being her mom, her caregiver, and she puts all her trust in me. And lastly, struggle. I am so familiar with this...I have faced it time and time again. I am still learning that without it I will never know how precious and amazing this little girl is. As deep in struggle I have been, I have also been lifted up, to heights not everyone can experience. For that, I have purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment