Monday, November 16, 2009

A Beginning

Over the past five years I have searched the web for answers. I've had so many whys and whens and what ifs. I wanted to find new ways of doing things, ways to make life easier. As a mom of a child with special needs, I have found that each day presents with new challenges. I wanted to create a place where parents could share their ideas. How do we face these challenges? What are some great tips/tricks we have found? And how can we help each other? I have been lucky to have met some great parents of kids with special needs and we've been able to support one another.

I plan to add posts of all sorts. What restaurants are easy to navigate with our kids' wheelchairs? What great products we have tried with our kids that actually work! Tips for bathing, tips for transporting, tips for feeding, tips for almost anything that poses a challenge! Ways to find products and services for our kids. Where to find support groups. Upcoming events for our kids to attend and conferences for us to learn more from.

I am also hoping to have other moms and dads submit stories and ideas too.Let's be the voices of experience. Let's share what we know...we are the EXPERTS! And I am yet to find "The Survival Guide for Parents of Special Needs Kids" so let's create it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment