Sunday, December 13, 2009

Couldn't Have Said It Better Myself

Tonight I was updating Livy's feeding and medication schedules and found this paragraph in an old note I came across. I don't remember when I found it or where, but I know it was some time ago. After reading it again, I am still moved by the words. I love what it says about how a mom feels about her daughter, Isabel.

It reads...

"I am profoundly grateful for Isabel, special needs and all. Because she has taught me to live more richly, to love more deeply. To feel pain all the way to the core of my being. To be excited by little improvements here and there. Because of Isabel (and Steve, and Robert) I feel like I have fully participated in what it means to be human. I'm not so sure that without Isabel's condition, that I would ever have had this new found perspective."

I feel I could easily replace the names with Olivia, Hailey & Jon. Such perfect words I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment