Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Simple Things

I asked my mom today about a suggestion for a blog posting. She always comes up with great ideas for just about anything so I figured I'd pick her brain. I loved her idea about "The Simple Things". All those little things that make me smile and lighten my heart for the day when it comes to Livy. So here goes...

  • Knowing that Livy's smile is 100% genuine...all of the time
  • Having Livy as the best little snuggler and knowing she will never tire of it
  • When shopping, she never complains, never begs and loves to window shop
  • Seeing Livy with Jon...her face lightens up when she is with him
  • Watching Hailey hold Livy's hand and saying "You're the best sister I've ever had!"
  • Reading that Livy had a great day at school even if it only means she was able to stay awake for most of it
  • Answering the questions from kids who come up and ask about Livy - I love when they aren't afraid to ask
  • Knowing that the toughest things of my day do not compare to the things Livy has gone through and learning not to sweat the small stuff
  • Feeling like a stronger parent/wife/friend because of all of the gifts Livy has given me
  • Hearing Hailey say, "Good job Livy, hold it up a little more" when Livy tries so hard to keep her head up
  • Watching Livy drift off to sleep again after waking up in the middle of the night
  • Seeing Hailey's friends treating Livy with so much love and respect and being so curious and understanding
Of course it's also the simple things like Dove chocolate, a great glass of wine, and quiet time with Jon that lift the spirit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment